SoundCloud is an audio sharing platform where you can promote your music and share it with people across the globe. It is one of the best platforms for the upcoming musicians to boost their fan following and get appreciated for their work. SoundCloud is available in both the flavors of music that are free and paid music. It gives you the power to decide whether you want your music to be downloaded by people or not. In this article, we are going to have a look at the procedure to delete your SoundCloud account
Delete Your SoundCloud Account
Soundcloud account can only be deleted via a web browser only which means you cannot delete your SoundCloud account through an iOS or Android application. If you want to delete your Soundcloud account, you need to follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the browser and go to the SoundCloud website.
- Click on the top right corner of the page and sign in to your SoundCloud account.
- Now click on the three dots displayed on the right-hand side of the screen. A menu will dropdown.
- Click on the ‘settings’ option displayed on the menu expanded from the right-hand side of the screen after you clicked on the three dots.
- Once you click ‘settings’ on the dropdown menu, a page will open where you can find the ‘delete account’ option displayed on the bottom left corner of the screen. Now click on the delete account option displayed.
- Now SoundCloud will ask you the reason why you are deleting your Soundcloud account Click on the reason if it is mention in the list or you can enter the reason in the field to provide below if your reason is not enlist.
- Click on the checkbox which states that you want to delete all tracks, comments, stats, and accounts.
- Now click on the delete my account option displayed on the right-hand side of the popup box in orange color.
You have now successfully deleted your SoundCloud account along with your tracks, comments, and other stats.
Note: If you have a Soundcloud go or go+ subscription then you will have to cancel the SoundCloud go or go+ subscription before deleting your account.
If you have a go or go plus subscription, then you need to follow the steps mentioned below to cancel your subscription after which you will be able to delete your SoundCloud account by following the steps mentioned above in this article.
Using a web browser
- Open your web browser and sign in to your SoundCloud account.
- Now click on the three-dots displayed on the top right-hand side of the screen.
- Now on the dropdown menu, click on the subscription option displayed.
- Your subscription will list on the screen, and you will find an ‘edit’ option display right in front of it.
- Click on the edit displayed on the screen. The screen will show the key features of your plan below which option will display.
- Now click on the ‘opt-out of your subscription renewal’ options display on the screen and click on cancel plan.
- Click on confirm and cancel Plan. Soundcloud will now inform you that your subscription will get cancel after the current billing cycle. It will give you the details of the plans which will start after your subscription to go or go plus is canceled.
- Now click on ‘ok got it.’ You have now successfully canceled your Soundcloud go plus subscription now you can delete your SoundCloud account by following the steps mentioned in this article above.
- In the settings of your iOS device, tap the Apple ID displayed at the top.
- Now tap on the iTunes and App Store option displayed on the screen.
- Tap on your Apple ID a popup window will appear on which you have to tap on View Apple ID.
- Now look for the subscription option displayed and tap on it.
- Now click on cancel subscription displayed below the Soundcloud go plus option. The subscription will end after your current billing cycle.
The SoundCloud holds a strong deletion policy for the safety of its users. Once you are signin on your SoundCloud account and you request to delete your SoundCloud account . SoundCloud will erase all the files associated with your account. All your information, data, sound, and comments will be erased from the SoundCloud server. It will not be recoverable under any circumstances. Soundcloud deletes the user’s account only with the consent of account holders and makes sure that no fraud has been done to the user because of SoundCloud data in the future.
We hope this article gave you enough information about how you can delete your SoundCloud Account and How you can Cancel the SoundCloud Go subscription.